Discover Oaxaca Valley & Foothills Ride
This riding adventure has it all – giant vistas, exotic flora, fantastic trails, fascinating Oaxacan culture, delicious cooking and deluxe lodging. Experience, from the saddle, the authentic Oaxaca by riding through its forested foothills, fertile countryside and charming villages.
The ranch is only 30 minutes from the airport yet feels like you’ve gone back in time. Plow oxen, horse-drawn carts, tortillas cooked over a wood fire and hand-woven rugs are just a sample of the experiences to be had. This equestrian holiday in Mexico offers world class riding, prize-winning horses and two UNESCO world heritage sites.
Take a video tour of Riding out from Rancho Pitaya
Rates & Dates
This ride is available year round with scheduled Saturday arrival day. From October thru June it can be combined with our Sierra Juarez Ride for a two week equestrian adventure.
*October 26 and December 21 and 28 2013 arrival dates add $300 Holiday supplement.
Inquire about alternative arrival days.
8 days / 7 nights / 6 ride days / 1 site-seeing day
Limited to 6 riders $1,750 per person
Private rides for parties of 1-3 available with $200 per person surcharge. No extra charge for groups of 4 to 6
$390 single occupancy supplement
DISCOUNT: Returning riders pay $100 less
- Riding: Over 25 hours of riding. Pace can be adjusted from relaxed touring to spirited gallops.
- Guides: The ranch owners, fluent in English & Spanish, personally guide.
- Lodging: 7 nights accommodation at Rancho Pitaya.
- Food: All meals and drinks.
- Transfers: Arrival & departure from the ranch to airport or city hotel.
- Horses: Arabian, Quarterhorse & Mexican Criollo horses
- Tack: Mostly comfortable endurance saddles and some English
- Weight Limit: 220 lbs./ 100 kilos. $200 surcharge for riders up to 250 lbs./125 kilos
- Not included: Massages, taxis for additional excursions and delayed flight arrival.
- Notes: Feel free to inquire about alternative dates that suit your travel time.
- This itinerary is based on a medium paced ride moving at walk, extended posting trot and canters. Riders requesting a slower paced ride are welcome but with reduced distances covered the itinerary may be modified. Trail riding instruction available.
Our other Oaxaca Rides :
- Village to Village Ride in the Sierra Juarez
- Shorter Four Day Sierra Ride
- Oaxaca Valley & Canyon Ride