The Year Round Riding Holiday: The Discover Oaxaca Ride
This riding adventure has it all – giant vistas, exotic flora, fantastic trails, fascinating Oaxacan culture, delicious cooking and deluxe lodging. Experience, from the saddle, the authentic Oaxaca by riding through its forested foothills, fertile countryside and charming villages.
The ranch is only 30 minutes from the airport yet feels like you’ve gone back in time. Plow oxen, horse-drawn carts, tortillas cooked over a wood fire and hand-woven rugs are just a sample of the experiences to be had. This equestrian holiday in Mexico offers world class riding, prize-winning horses and two UNESCO world heritage sites.
Take a video tour of Riding out from Rancho Pitaya
This ride is available year round.
*October 26 through November 3 and December 21 through Jan 3 arrival dates add $300 Holiday supplement.
Inquire about alternative arrival days.
8 days / 7 nights / 6 ride days / 1 site-seeing day
Limited to 6 riders $1,750 U.S. per person
Private rides for parties of 1-3 available with $200 per person surcharge. No extra charge for groups of 4 to 6
$195 single occupancy supplement
DISCOUNT: Returning riders pay $100 U.S. less
- Ride fit, steady horses that love their job!
- Riding: Over 25 hours of riding. Pace can be adjusted from relaxed touring to spirited gallops.
- Guides: The ranch owners, fluent in English & Spanish, personally guide.
- Lodging: 7 nights accommodation at Rancho Pitaya.
- Food: All meals and drinks.
- Transfers: Arrival & departure from the ranch to airport or city hotel.
- Horses: Arabian, Quarterhorse & Mexican Criollo horses
- Tack: Mostly comfortable endurance saddles and some English
- Weight Limit: 220 lbs./ 100 kilos. $200 U.S. surcharge for riders up to 250 lbs./125 kilos
- Not included: Massages, taxis for additional excursions and delayed flight arrival.
- Notes: Feel free to inquire about alternative dates that suit your travel time.
- This itinerary is based on a medium paced ride moving at walk, extended posting trot and canters. Riders requesting a slower paced ride are welcome but with reduced distances covered the itinerary may be modified. Trail riding instruction available.
- Ride Cancellation Policy Política de Cancelación